Legacy

“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” 2 Timothy 4:7 (NIV)

When I come to the end of my life, I would like to think I will be able to say that I fought the good fight and finished the race that was set out before me. My race is to bring glory to God in all that I do and to raise, teach, and equip a generation to do the same. While in seminary, one of my professors asked me a tough question regarding the heart of why I am running my race. He asked me, “If you were to die today and you knew that there was a 100% chance of you going to hell when you died, would you still serve God?”

It is not enough to just run the race if your heart is not in it. If Heaven, blessings, healing, peace, joy, strength, encouragement..etc is the reason why you run your race, then God is simply a means to an end. He is simply a way for you to attain __________ and if there were another way to get ___________ than you would pursue/serve that.

As we run the race, let’s run it properly so in the end we can say that we have fought the good fight, finished the race, and kept the faith. It is when we run in such a way that we will joyfully hear “'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!”

WOD:
For time, do the following:
90x KB Windmill per side (1 pood or 36#)
10x Snatch (95#)
80x Toe to bar
20x Situps
70x KB Turkish Getup per side (1 pood or 36#)
30x Situps
60x Thrusters (95#)
40x Situps
50x Bk Squat (95#)
50x Snatch (95#)
 
End with a 2 mile run
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balance

Satisfaction

Light