CheckPoint

“Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. 16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both
yourself and your hearers.” 1 Timothy 4:15-16 (NIV)

As we approach the 6 month mark since the inception of this blog and I wanted to take some time to look at where we were and compare it to where we are now. It is always a good idea to look back at where you have come from in order to ensure that you have not lost your original focus and that you are improving. I wrote in my first post that the purpose of this blog is to help motivate me to grow physically and spiritually and to provide encouragement to others who want to do the same. So let's take a look.

Physically, I have made leaps and bounds in my training. I have PR’ed every movement and have been consistent in reducing the time and increasing the reps of the workouts I have done. For those of you reading/following, I hope that you have seen growth as well.

Spiritually, I am content but not satisfied. My relationship and faith with God have definitely been tested through these past months, and I am glad to have been worthy of enduring such trials. The more I read and hear from God, the more desire I have to do His will. At the same time, the more I feel inadequate as a vessel and this drives me to seek and depend upon Him more and more each day. And to tell you the truth, I am fine with that. I am completely comfortable with waking up each morning and depending on God to help me through each day and for Him to continually renew and restore me. The Bible Paul wrote to Timothy to “be diligent in” his study of scripture, preaching and teaching, and of setting an example to other believers. If we are hoping to grow in our relationship with God, we could take this principle to heart. By doing so, we can be assured that our walk with our Father will be fruitful.

As you set goals in your life, whether they are physical, spiritual, mental, academic, social, etc., do not forget to set checkpoints to inspect your progress. If you have not moved as far along as you would have hoped, do not lose faith. Use that cognizance to motivate you to take corrective action to propel you forward and along the way never forget that you have God that loves you and will strengthen you when you become weary.

WOD:
“Fran”
21-15-9 reps of the following:
95# Thrusters
Pull-ups

Upon completion of Fran, rest 3 minutes and complete “JT”
21-15-9 reps of the following:
Handstand pushups
Ring Dips
Pushups

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balance

Satisfaction

Light