Hindsight

 

“39These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised, 40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect. (12) Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfector of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.” Hebrews 11:39-12:3

As I reflect on my own life and the road I have traveled to reach where I am today, I am amazed at how it all worked out. When I was younger, I did not appreciate the little things in life and I am coming to the realization that the small challenges in my life were the ones that have defined me. Times like waking up a little earlier than usual to get work done, or saying yes to hang out with a friend. Those events, at the time, did not seem to make a significant impact on who I would become, but they sure have taught me discipline and the importance of relationship building now.

As life continues to happen, it is encouraging to know that God has my back and that through any situation He will guide me through. It is even more encouraging to know that God is opening doors for me in order to accomplish His will in my life. However, it is my responsibility to walk through those doors. I, however, must be prepared and ready for the challenges ahead.

Whitney Young may have said it best when she stated, “It is better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one, than to have an opportunity and not be prepared”. I appreciate this statement much more now. When I was younger, it was easier for me to make excuses so that the gravity of my decision and the opportunity was not fully reckoned. But now that I am older and wiser, I better understand the importance of diligence, patience, and focus.

I know the vision and plan that God has for me in my own life. Maybe you know yours as well. Let’s both not make any more excuses as to why we cannot accomplish His perfect will in our lives today. Let’s train with focus and have the persistence to press forward. As we get nearer to the end of this year, I am both humbled and embarrassed at the amount of growth in my own life. Although I know that there are always seasons of abundance and drought in life, I think now I have greater wisdom to perform in the seasons of drought. I am also encouraged to know that no matter how daunting the future endeavor looks, there have been others who have gone before me and paved a way for me to follow. Like the saying goes, “When the going gets tough, the tough gets going”. Let’s be tough and finish this year strong.
WOD:
Reverse Fran for time
3 rounds
Run 1200-800-400m
Pull-ups 9-15-21x
Thrusters (95#) 9-15-21x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balance

Satisfaction

Light