Repeat


Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.” James 1:12 (NASB)

The official start to the Crossfit Games Season began last Thursday with WOD 14.1 being released. As you know, I am an avid Crossfit fanatic and I am also a participant in this year’s season. After completing the WOD, there is not really any feeling other than relief to know that it’s over and anxiety in wondering where you will be placed after shakeup. However, I had slightly different feelings upon completing the workout. For those unfamiliar with the routine, it is a 10 minute AMRAP (As many reps as possible) of 30 double unders and 15 power snatches at 75 pounds. I chose to do my initial run outside where it eventually started raining, making it difficult to grip the bar and forcing me to take precious seconds to dry off the bar with a towel. However, I did fairly well with a score placing in the top 20k in the world at the time. Unfortunately, the camera had run out of space and did not record the workout completely which forced me to redo it.

Take Two. I rested for about 15 minutes before my second attempt and suffered through a second run at the workout. To my surprise, I actually did better on this run than in my prior attempt, completing 19 more reps. However, the camera used had a glitch in the video rendering me with a score of 0. So here goes to a third, and hopefully, final attempt for a successful recording. Update** My Jump rope broke during the workout...seems like everything that can go wrong, went wrong. Did a fourth attempt and I finally have a good video. After doing the workout four times in a very short period of time, I am pleased with my score considering my situation.

Life is full surprises. Some will be good and others will be undesirable. Now the “trial” that I am facing may not seem to fit into what James was touching on, but I could become bitter, angry, or even speak with vulgar content and break something and all would be wrong responses. And what would that speak about my patience? The trials that you face may come in all sorts of forms and fashions, but do not let it overwhelm you. One thing I have learned is that you can never plan for everything in this life, but you can choose how you react to it all. I have found that in the moments when I choose to lash out and follow the impulses set by my flesh I have ended up in a place or have said something or even done something I immediately regretted. However, when I took the time to compose myself and reflect an attitude similar to that of Christ, I have become a better man. Now, I welcome challenges because I know that I can overcome them and that I will be a better person once I get through it. I invite you to do the same, use your trials that test your faith to develop a more perfect endurance and patience.


***Update: God is Good!!


WOD:
“Little Bear”
10 minute AMRAP
5 Thrusters (115#)
5 Back Squats (115#)
5 Push Press (115#)

Followed by “Bigger Bear”
10 reps of:
Thrusters (155#)
Back Squats (155#)
Push Press (155#)


Followed by 400 yards of Bear crawls

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balance

Satisfaction

Light