Shout




 “I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth. 2 My soul makes its boast in the Lord; let the humble hear and be glad.3 O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.” Psalm 34:1-3

Sometimes you do not need to go far to find the glory of God. At other times in your life you may feel like you are so far away from God that nothing can bring joy into your life because of the void which exists. I believe that it is in each of those moments when we should exalt the Father even more. In every state our soul may be in, we should yearn for Him and desire to bring glory and praise to His name.
Since I do not yet have children I cannot extend this analogy to myself, but I have heard from Fathers that one of the best times of the day is when they return home from a long day at and waiting for them at the door is their son or daughter. And with a high-pitched scream, “Daddy!!!!” is yelled as they run into the Father’s arms and with warm embrace he secures the child in his arms with pure love.
In the good and the bad, in the drought and the plenty, when blessing rain down or troubles rise up, a constant in our lives should remain. That of exaltation to our Father. Job may have said it best “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return there; the Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord. (Job 1:21)” When was the last time you magnified His name on high? If it has been a while, maybe take some time now and glorify Him. Afterwards, continue to glorify Him. 
All the poor and powerless
And all the lost and lonely
All the thieves will come confess
And know that you are holy
Will know that you are holy

All will sing out, Hallelujah
We will cry out, Hallelujah

All the hearts who are content
And all who feel unworthy
All who hurt will nothing left
Will know that you are holy

Shout it, go on and scream it from the mountains
Go on and tell it to the masses
That He is God
We will sing out, Hallelujah
We will cry out, Hallelujah
We will sing out, Hallelujah
God

- All The Poor And Powerless, All Sons and Daughters
WOD:
5 rounds for time:
225-lb. front squats, 5 reps
15-foot rope climbs, 5 ascents
Run 400 meters with a 45-lb. plate

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balance

Satisfaction

Light