War


“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.” Matthew 10:34 (NRSV)

I heard a pretty interesting quote that goes something like, “How can the world not get along with the Holiest of all, but get along perfectly with you and me?” Maybe you have asked yourself that very question. Maybe not. Either way, I challenge you to examine your life and see where it stands according to scripture. I do this daily through my journaling (not this blog, personal journal) in weighing my life against Christ’s. If we call ourselves Christians, should not our lives bear the same image of Him who we say we follow? When Christ came from Heaven as a man, His teachings were not always comfortable, but they had a cost associated with them. John explained this to us that just as Christ laid down His life for us, we are also to lay down our lives for others (1 John 3:16).

How often do you hear someone say that I will just love people as God loves us and that is good enough? Is that really what Jesus did? Have we fooled ourselves into thinking that if we are nice enough, then people will want to become nice themselves and then turn to God? I know plenty of nice people who want nothing to do with God. In an effort to have relevance and acceptance of those in the world, I am fearful that we have lost sight of God and the gospel. We have rewritten and reinterpreted the scriptures in order to present it with more “relevance” to the audience that I am afraid that many will believe what is said but unfortunately somewhere along the way the message was distorted to present a god that is not God.

Does the message we preach or live come off to those around us as something life changing and requiring sacrifice? Do they see the difference that we have had an encounter with God? Or do they see the same person wearing provocative clothing that speaks expletive, blasphemous words, but cleans themselves once a week to go hear a man speak? When Christ came, he came with a sword to wage a war against this world and the desires that come along with it. Are His followers waging a war?

WOD:
10 1-minute rounds of:
315-lb. deadlifts, 3 reps
60-yard shuttle sprint (5 yards, 10 yards, 15 yards)
Max reps burpee

Rest 2 minutes between rounds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balance

Satisfaction

Light