Action



"Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:18 (NIV)

Every once in a while we are all going to need help. I remember a night a few years ago when I was driving up to Dallas and got a flat tire. "A flat tire? No big deal," I thought for I had changed many a tire before. Unfortunately, on that night I did not have a tire iron, nor a jack. Having the spare tire served me no good if I did not have any way to change the tire. What made matters worse was that no one was willing to stop and help me out. I eventually had to call a tow truck to bring some tools to change the tire for me. Now imagine if I had called the towing service and instead of sending a truck, they prayed with me over the phone? What good would that have done?

So many times, we see people around us that are in need of some help. Too often, a Christian brother or sister will say, "I will be praying for you." Now I am not saying that you should not pray for the other person, but why is the most common response to pray for them later? Why not pray for them then and there? Also, if they are in need and we have the means to help them in their situation why don't we? James 1:22 reminds us that we are not to simply be "hearers of the word and not doers". Let us "Love our neighbor" as we are commanded to in Matthew 22:39. Let us love, not just with words, but with truth and action.

James 4:12 "Anyone, then, who knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, commits sin."

WOD:
100 Double Unders
50 Wall Ball 20lb
25 Chest to Bar Pullups
13 Burpee Box Jump
6 Handstand Pushups
3 225# Deadlifts
1 mile run

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balance

Satisfaction

Light