Conscious

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith" Hebrews 12:1-2 (NIV)

Also, please read Ecclesiastes 12:1-7.

Why is it that we (maybe I am just speaking for the men) love danger? During one of my morning drives I decided to drive with my lights off (This was around 4 am). And it may seem like that is something that is not very dangerous at all, but there was a very thick fog that morning and I could not see more than 5 ft. in front of my car. No matter how dangerous or stupid it was, I still wanted to do it. I wanted to drive blind. I finally get to my neighborhood and, at this point I’m about half-way through my neighborhood, I realize that if someone is running in the street I am going to hit him. Why? Because I am not able to see and by the time I see him or her, it will already have been too late. So I decided to turn on my lights for the remainder of my drive home.

As I reflect on that morning I am reminded about my walk with Christ. I started out my trip home with my lights on but was distracted by testosterone. The need to live dangerously! It was not until the end that I figured, “Hey, I should probably have my lights on. This is a little bit stupid.” The same thing happens with our walk with Christ. We start off on fire and follow God, have His Word be a light unto our feet. But then we become distracted and try to live our lives on our own. We try to use our own strength and we can only see 5 ft. in front of us. Then we realize, “Oh no! I am almost at the end of my ride. I am getting old. I’m going to die soon. Let me just go back to God.” You may think that this is a stretch from a little car ride in the fog, but is it? Where are you in your walk with Christ?

Solomon writes in Ecclesiastes how we are to treasure each moment that we are alive. That life is short and we should make each day count because when we grow old our life’s opportunities will have closed and many of the opportunities we had to the work God has called for us will have passed.

May we always take each opportunity we have to proclaim Him and never lose sight of Him. When we find ourselves in the midst of a deep fog, may we shine even brighter rather than turn off our lights and become part of the darkness.

WOD:
Three rounds of:
Burpees
75 pound Power snatch
Box jump, 24" box
75 pound Thruster
Chest to bar Pull-ups

Perform each exercise for as many reps as possible for a minute each (Total of 5 minute rounds). Count each rep performed and your score is the sum of all the reps performed. Between rounds take a one minute rest before repeating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balance

Satisfaction

Light