Joy




“17 I was enraged by their sinful greed; I punished them, and hid my face in anger, yet they kept on in their willful ways. 18 I have seen their ways, but I will heal them; I will guide them and restore comfort to Israel’s mourners, 19 creating praise on their lips…” Isaiah 57:17-19 (NIV)

It’s amazing how man (as a human race) reacts with varying degrees to challenges, obstacles, and failure. Some will give up at the first sign of resistance and others will complain about. Very few will have the tenacity to stand up to the difficulties that life possesses and take hold of their dreams. It takes an acute eye to identify the source of your discomfort and a wise one to understand how one got there and what is necessary to get out. In the verse for this week, I was reminded and astounded at the fickleness and lack of devotion of the Israelite people. They had seen God and heard His voice. They have had Him fight many of their battles for them and they have heard and witnessed His power and time after time, we read in His word how they turn away from Him.

From an historical perspective, I am baffled at why they would ever turn away from such a powerful, jealous, and all-loving God. Unfortunately, if I am completely honest with myself, I have seen similar moments in my own life. God has been so visibly present in my life, and most likely in your own as well, but time after time I slip and turn away. The passage also reminded me of moments in my life when I was captivated by my flesh nature and by sin. Still, I find encouragement and joy knowing that even though I sin and my I stray away, I have a loving God who will never fail. He knows my actions, words, and innermost thoughts, yet He is faithful and just to forgive all my sins, cleanse me of all my unrighteousness, and restore and comfort me (1 John 1:9). All that is required of me is to be honest with myself, acknowledge that I am in the wrong, and truly repent for my actions.

I don’t know how many of you out there feel so far gone from God, but know this you never too far from God. He is the omnipresent God who is everywhere and the all-loving God who is waiting on you to turn back to Him. Do not be discouraged by the way you are leading your life. Choose today to make a change. Choose today to turn back to the Father and allow Him to heal you, restore you, and create praise on your lips (Isaiah 57:18-19).

WOD:
As fast possible, complete the following:
50 barbell thrusters
50 Pushups
30 barbell thrusters
30 pushups
10 barbell thrusters
10 pushups

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balance

Satisfaction

Light