Loyalty




“And when the Israelites saw the mighty hand of the Lord displayed against the Egyptians, the people feared the Lord and put their trust in him and in Moses his servant.” Exodus 14:31 (NIV)
There is a story about two best friends who graduated from high school and parted ways to their respective universities. Because of their close relationship, they always made an effort to get together once a year at their favorite restaurant and catch up with one another. One year, after they had finished their meal and were pulling out of the restaurant parking lot, their vehicles collided with one another. The damage was not too extensive to either vehicle, but damage did exist. Like good friends, they agreed to reconcile with one another and let it go. In fact, they decided to seal their commitment with a bottle of wine. After the first friend took a drink from the wine bottle, he passed it to his buddy to take a drink. To this, his friend responded, “I will take my drink after the cops come.”
Humorous as it sounds, situations like this happen every day. Commitments, when tested, are brought to their knees and loyalties are broken at the first sign of difficulty. The same can be said of the Israelites. After being set free from Egypt and crossing the Red Sea, the Israelites sang songs such as “The Lord is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him” (Exodus 15:2-NIV). However, time and time again we read of them complaining about their journey and how they wished that God had never brought them out of Egypt. Their trust in God was renewed when they experienced His mighty works, but quickly their hearts turned bitter when struggles returned.
What sort of friend are you to God? What is your level of commitment to your Father? When we can embrace and believe the promises He has for us, we can find peace and comfort knowing that our God is a God who cares for His creation. My life has not been perfect and I have definitely experienced difficulty. But throughout it all I have one thing to be consistent, and that is that God has been there for me, comforting me, and carrying me through.

WOD:
For time:
135 pound Thruster, 15 reps
135 pound Sumo deadlift high-pull, 21 reps
135 pound Thruster, 12 reps
135 pound Sumo deadlift high-pull, 15 reps
135 pound Thruster, 9 reps
135 pound Sumo deadlift high-pull, 9 reps

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balance

Satisfaction

Light