Wisdom Wednesday Hiatus: Alex's Book Club


It's time to start something new! If you have been tracking along with the blog articles, then you are probably very familiar with the cycle for the articles. On Mondays you will typically find an article related to the New Testament reading from our Bible in a Year plan. On Fridays you will find an article that is related to that day's Old Testament Reading. Wednesday's have been used to coincide with the Wisdom reading for the day. For the past 12 weeks, we have been focusing on the genres or types of Psalms and we will not enter into the book of Job until the beginning of August.

So, rather than posting an article related to the Psalm Reading, we are going to do something different! For the months of June and July, I invite you to join me in reading two theological books. How will this digital book club work you ask? It's simple. A week prior to the start of each book, I will let you know which book to grab a copy of, so you will have about 7 days to grab your copy then each week afterwards for that month, I will post an article with the following items:

  1. Reading Plan: I will tell you which chapters to read for that coming week. I will essentially try my best to divide the books into manageable chunks so you can finish the book in 1 month requiring only 10 minutes of reading a day!
  2. Engagement Questions: These questions will ask you to refine what it is that you have you just read and to help you interact with the content in unique ways to reinforce the teaching.
  3. Key Quotes: I'll pull out some key quotes that should help you synthesize all of the information.
  4. Alex's Summary: After you have read and engaged with the text, I hope you will revisit the article and read my thoughts on the chapters and any insights that I found during my reading. I do recommend reading this afterwards as it will essentially be a high level summary of the main points for that section of reading, but you can definitely read it before.
  5. Comments: This will not be in the article, but I would love to hear your thoughts on what you have learned and any questions you may have.

That's it! It's basically a digital book club that I am hoping you would join me in. For the month of June, we will be reading What Happened in the Garden by John MacArthur and the Master's College Facility. So grab your copy, the first article will be next week, June 5th!

Grace and Peace,
Alex Galvez

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balance

Satisfaction

Light