Trust

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 (NIV)
 
I want to start off with saying that I do not believe in coincidences, I simply believe in God. Having said that, I was housesitting for a good friend of mine this past weekend and they have these special doors that lock once you walk outside (Maybe they are regular doors, but I’m used to the doors that don’t let you twist the handle when its locked). Well, to keep this story short, I found myself locked outside of the house with no phone and no keys. Fortunately, I had called a friend of mine earlier to hang out and get some food and he was on his way. The “God” moment of this story is that he just so happened to be in the area dropping his wife off to work. Also, he usually does not take her to work and when he does, he drops her off around 9. I had called him around 11:30. Some would say its coincidence that he was at the right place, at the right time when I called, but I just say it was God.
 
When he got there, we thought up some pretty ridiculous scenarios like breaking in windows, breaking door handles, or climbing through the attic……reckless things. It wasn’t until I was about to break a door when I realized that all my phone contacts are stored in the cloud and I could find the home owners number from my live account (Windows Phone!) and find the whereabouts of their spare key. Anyways, I was able to eventually get in the home without having to break anything and as I reflect on this experience I can honestly say I appreciate even more how much God takes care of me. Through this, I was also reminded of how much God works everything for good and how he has never left me. Rather than being bitter about the situation, my friend and I trusted in God and he came through like he always does. Trust God and He will direct your paths!
 
WOD:
Run 2 miles....yep an easy one for once.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balance

Satisfaction

Light