Checkpoint


“But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night.” Psalm 1:2 (NKJV)

A little over a year ago I began this blog to track my development in two aspects of my life. The first area related to my spiritual walk with the Lord. I have enjoyed writing my thoughts and learnings throughout this short period of time and have most benefited from my meditation of scripture. It is not just enough to read the scriptures, it is vitally important to glean wisdom and understanding from and through it. There is a quote that goes something like “By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” Oh how this is so true.

This blog provided me a source to express my reflections (albeit filtered and summarized) on certain passages that I had read during the course of that week. It is no lie that when we constantly focus our thoughts and attention on one thing, it can change the who we are and who we are to become. A perfect example is my newfound (2 years running...not so new) infatuation with crossfit. The more I read and think about the WOD I am going to do that morning or night, the more pumped I become and the more I want to talk to others about it. In the same way, many times I have read a passage in scripture and find someone who is in need of encouragement and the verse that I had just read is the word they needed to hear. God has opened up doors for me to share my faith and to help someone get through a difficult, challenging, confusing, etc, situation many times and I am thankful that I was prepared for those moments. My reflection of scripture has caused me to apply it to my life and become edified by it.

The second development area of my life I wanted to track was my physical development. With the Crossfit Open approaching soon, I am amazed at how far I have come. I have PR’ed in every single Olympic Weight Movement from the Deadlift to the Clean and Jerk to the Snatch; as well as PR’ed all of my custom WOD’s. I try and live by the mantra to “Train as if your stronger, fitter evil-twin is plotting to kill you” and I have definitely seen results. I hope that those of you who have joined me in this journey have also been able to improve in those two areas of your lives as well. If not, there’s no better time than the present to begin anew. Don’t get bogged down because you are not where you want to be. Or even that in the past you have lacked the discipline to start and keep a positive habit. Just because you fail, it does not mean that you are a failure! I have failed many times, but I have learned that what’s most important is to have a good attitude, catch your breath, and get back up. 

There is a story about a man who once entered an elevator that was full to capacity. As the doors closed, the elevator operator began humming a tune. One passenger seemed particularly irritated by the man’s mood and snapped, “What are you so happy about?” “Well sir,” replied the operator happily, “I have never lived this day before!”

WOD:
Still stuck with Hotel Workouts, let’s go with this:
Bike 2 miles, followed by
18-15-12-9-6-3 reps of
45# DB Squat Clean Thrusters
45# DB Jumping Front Squats
followed by
Bike 2 miles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balance

Satisfaction

Light