Travel


“But reject profane and old wives’ fables, and exercise yourself toward godliness. 8 For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come.” 1 Timothy 4:7-8

Above is a picture of the view I have from the hotel that I am staying at in Rio De Janeiro. The weather here is an amazing 80 degrees Fahrenheit and before you get jealous, know that I am here on business and rarely have free time during the week to spend time getting tanner and go swimming. Additionally, the Crossfit Open (if you haven’t registered yet, go ahead and do that now, you can read this after) is coming up on Feb 27th. With me being here in Brazil until February 20th, I know my physical fitness will take a hit, as I won’t have all the equipment I need, and my performance will not be where it could have been. I do plan on dropping in to a few boxes when I can to get a proper workout and maintain some of my strength. However, it’s not the same as walking into your garage whenever you want to get a good butt-whooping.

With all the busyness of work and the extra attention I am placing on keeping my fitness level from degrading too much, I have also had to make more of an effort into growing in my relationship with my Father. That is one area of my life that I do not want to neglect or even sustain at its current level. I want it to continually get stronger and grow. I find that the deeper I go in the spirit, the more peace, joy, and love I have in life.

While reading the letter to Timothy last night, I was reminded that although bodily exercise is good, its benefits are limited to the short time that I will be here on earth and improves one area of my life. However, there is something that will last forever and that is profitable for all areas in life. Traveling can be exciting, working out can be rewarding, making new friends can be pleasing, but let’s not forget that there is something of much more importance and that is our relationship with out Father.

WOD:
Very limited with Equipment- Hotel WOD
Let’s go with this:
Run 2 miles on the beach
100 pushups
200 situps
300 squats
Run 2 miles back to your hotel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balance

Satisfaction

Light