Satisfaction


“…for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.” Philippians 4:11b (NIV)

This has been a very busy month for me in terms of traveling around. I returned home from Brazil after a long three weeks and, after two days, I now find myself back in a hotel in the great city of Duncan, Oklahoma. Although it is slightly inconvenient to me, in terms of my schedule for studying the word, prayer, and working out to live in a hotel for almost a full month, I have found great comfort in the words from the apostle Paul. A man who has murderous attempts on his life, been imprisoned on multiple occasions, beaten up, shipwrecked three times, and bitten by a snake was able to find a state of contentedness regardless of what situation he was in. Talk about finding complete joy.

This is the same joy that the beloved disciple wrote of many times for other believers to embrace. And this is a joy that over the years I have learned to develop and enjoy. That no matter what situation I find myself in, I can always find joy in having fellowship with the Father and with the Son and doing His will. Although my schedule has been thrown out the window, I have still made time for the things that are important to me. So for my fellow travelers out there, and to those who are going to travel sometime in the future, here are some tips that may help you on your journey to grow both spiritually and physically:

1) Do not get lazy and start sleeping in. Use this time to develop or reinforce new/old habits. Also, this will allow you to have time to go sightseeing and even maintain your prayer time.

2) Do not turn on the tv. I have found this most beneficial to me, as I could potentially just veg out on the bed and waste the day/night doing absolutely nothing.

3) Turn off your phone from 7-8 pm. Really? What are you doing at that time anyways? Do something productive.

4) Do what you do not want to do. I battle every morning/night with doing my workout, but I know that the benefit of reaching my goal far outweighs the cost so I force myself to do it. Ensure that you are making time for the things that are most important to you. I usually find that during the workout, my motivation and energy returns.

I hope that those points will help you in your travels and drive you forward in your relationship with God. Whether you are traveling for work (like me) or pleasure (I wish), find contentment in what you are doing and do it with purpose and for the glory of your Father above.

Hotel WOD:

100 jumping jacks

Followed by
10 reps of:
50# One arm DB Snatch
Box Jump Burpees
For 50 reps

100 jumping jacks
Followed by
10 reps of:
50# One arm DB Snatch
Box Jump Burpees
For 50 reps
100 jumping jacks
Time Cap 30 minutes

Comments

  1. Thanks for this post. And is that a picture from Brazil?? That's one crazy looking road up the mountain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I just found the pic online and thought it fit the content of the post. It is a very windy road though! If i had to guess, I would say it's a road somewhere in Europe.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Balance

Light