Consistency

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." Hebrews 13:8 (NIV)

In a world full of inconsistency it is very comforting to know that there is one thing (I use this word very loosely) that does not ever change. God. Our attitudes change, our interests change, our styles change, and even our schedules change. I know this is true because I see it often in my own life, and maybe you can relate. I also know that I do not consistently do the right thing, but I am so glad that I have a relationship with a God that never changes. John MacArthur says it beautifully, “If ever he loved, he loved me forever. If ever he forgave me, he forgave me forever. If ever he saved, he saved me forever. If ever he promised me anything, he promised it to me forever.” He is consistent and hopefully in certain things we can become consistent as well.
 
For example, I have been a Crossfitter for a little over a year now and I know that some weeks I would rest more days than I should have. I lacked consistency because of many reasons like I was too tired from yesterday’s workouts or I was too busy or I just did not feel like it. Striving for perfection requires discipline and endurance, and as I progress and work towards becoming the fittest man on earth I know that consistency must be a value I possess as I program my workouts.
 
Last Thought: “Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying basic fundamentals.” ― Jim Rohn

WOD: 15 minute time cap
Complete as much of the following as possible:
50 Floor Press @ 100% Bodyweight
25 pushpress @ 75% Bodyweight
25 jerks @ 50% Bodyweight

Once completed, take 5 minute break and repeat for your actual score.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balance

Satisfaction

Light